Microsoft Lync combines Web conferencing, desktop sharing, chat, video, and voice into one powerful collaboration tool.
February 18, 2013
CSSD is pleased to announce that Microsoft Lync is now available to all University of Pittsburgh students, faculty, and staff.
Lync is a unified communications tool that makes it easy to meet and collaborate with anyone online. Lync allows you to:
- Start an instant message conversation and add audio or video to it instantly
- Schedule Web conferences for up to 250 participants
- Share a document, PowerPoint presentation, whiteboard, or your entire desktop with anyone
- See which of your contacts are available, in a meeting, or away from their desk
- Record online meetings and share them with others
- Send and share files with a simple drag and drop
- Attend online meetings from your computer, smartphone, or tablet
Lync supports both Windows and Mac operating systems. You can download the Lync client for your computer from the Software Download Service at My Pitt. Lync is available on the main page under the Featured Software heading.
Detailed information to help you get started with Lync is available at technology.pitt.edu/lync.