CourseWeb Upgrade Will Bring New Features, Simplified Navigation, and an Enhanced Interface
Monday, March 31, 2014
CourseWeb, the University of Pittsburgh's web-based course management system, will be upgraded during an extended maintenance period from Thursday, May 1 through Sunday, May 4. The new version of CourseWeb will be available at the start of business on Monday, May 5.
Technology Services is working closely with the Center for Instructional Development and Distance Education (CIDDE) to implement these improvements. Students, faculty, and staff will see a number of significant enhancements:
- Simplified navigation to course materials
- A unified, easy-to-maintain event calendar
- Improved course discussion and messaging tools
- Streamlined grading for online assignments, blogs, discussions, journals, and wikis
- Improved editing tools, including an updated math editing tool
- New online test and survey options, including test question analysis
- Improved groups management, so faculty can see at a glance which students are assigned to what groups, and which students need to be assigned to groups
- A new retention center that is designed to help identify students at risk
Students and faculty will be able to preview the new features by logging in to My Pitt and selecting CourseWeb from the My Resources menu. You can also visit http://pi.tt/courseweb. Faculty can also use this page to sign up for introductory workshops conducted by CIDDE.