Faculty Information System
The Faculty Information System allows researchers to manage their CV, create an NIH Biographical Sketch, and generate a report that can be used during the performance review process. If you have a University of Pittsburgh computing account, you have all you need to access the Faculty Information System.
The Faculty Information System is designed to:
- Create an Annual Report: You can easily create an annual review report for your departmental chair or dean using one of the available University-approved templates. Examples of report templates can be found here.
- Manage your CV: Enter and edit your CV information and easily produce a formatted CV, available as a .PDF or Word document.
- Create an Online Profile: Create and edit an online profile page that can automatically display new publications when you add them to your My Information.
- Find Experts and Potential Collaborators: Search the database by research interests and/or publication topics to identify faculty with particular expertise and interests.
- Import data automatically from MEDLINE and add publication entries to your co-author's CVs: For users with MEDLINE entries, the Faculty Information System automatically acquires updates to your CV and lets you approve or reject them. In addition, papers that are co-authored with Pitt colleagues only have to be entered once. With one click, a co-author can add these publication entries to the information for his or her account.
- Create and Manage your NIH Biosketches: Produce multiple NIH Biosketches in print or electronic formats.
- Manage your Biosketch group collection for NIH grant applications: By creating project-specific groups of colleagues in the system, you can easily send and track requests for their NIH Biosketches or CVs, and provide your materials directly to others.
- Log in to My Pitt (my.pitt.edu) with your University Computing Account username and password.
- Click Faculty Information System on the right-hand side of the page.
- If you are a new user: Follow onscreen prompts to enter, save, and confirm your delegates and import your publications.
orIf you are an existing user: Click OK to manage your own information, or you can select a delegate from the drop-down menu.
Annual Report Templates
The Faculty Information System lets you easily create an annual review report for your department chair or dean using one of the available University-approved templates. In addition to information from your CV, the reports can contain information about goals and accomplishments.
To see examples of each faculty report, click the following links: