Electronic Lab Notebooks (LabArchives): Office Document Editor
Electronic Lab Notebooks (LabArchives) supports Microsoft Office 365. Office document editor lets you work with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Upload existing Office files right from your computer
- Create new Office documents within LabArchives itself including Office-compatible documents
- Continue editing documents within LabArchives using the Online Editor
1. Log in to LabArchives, select a folder location from the left column, then click Office document from the menu.
2. Choose a type of document to create, give the document a name, then click Create your office document.
3. Create your document's content using the Office Document editor.
More Ways to Get the Most from Electronic Lab Notebooks
Editor Information: Microsoft Office Online
The following table outlines specific Office Editor information:
Additional information is provided below.
A. Microsoft Office Online
You can upload pre-existing Office files right from your computer, and continue to edit them within LabArchives using the Online Editor, or create new Office Documents within LabArchives itself.
- Office documents edited using Microsoft Office Online as your document editor are accessible from LabArchives, not Microsoft OneDrive. They must be shared using LabArchives, not OneDrive or Microsoft.
- Older filename extensions (such as .doc, .xls, and .ppt) are not supported to edit online with the Microsoft Online Editor, but they can still be viewed in LabArchives.
- Certain size limits apply to documents created using Microsoft Office Office online.
- Special scientific characters including may cause issues in Word on LabArchives.
- Use of the Microsoft Office Online feature in LabArchives does not prevent you from installing, configuring and using your web browser's Microsoft Office PlugIn. For more information about the plugin, visit the following Windows or Mac articles.