My Pitt Video: Video Switching
In My Pitt Video (Panopto) you can control and edit which video streams the viewer sees by editing individual streams in the My Pitt Video (Panopto) Editor. Editing the primary video source will edit on all streams, editing a secondary source will only affect that source. This documentation only pertains to editing secondary streams.
Note: this documentation assumes familiarity with basic editing.
Edit Individual Streams in the My Pitt Video (Panopto) Editor
1. Login to My Pitt Video.
2. Locate the session you would like to edit, and click the "edit" button to launch the My Pitt Video (Panopto) Editor.
3. This will launch the My Pitt Video (Panopto) Editor.
4. Now, simply use the scissors (editing) tool /and click once the video segment you wish you edit. This will be the start of the edit. Now, click again on the same stream to finish the edit.
Note: This feature only applies to screen capture and secondary video sources (does not apply to the PowerPoint stream).
5. Drag the edit to the desired length.
A stream can also have multiple edits applied:
As you can see, you can use this add multiple edits to your session.
6. Once you complete your edits, click "Save" or "Save As" at the top right to save your changes.
7. Choosing "Save" will save the edit and you can continue working. A successfully saved edit will display the message below.
8. Choosing "Save As" will allow you to name your edit with a specific title.
After the session re-encodes the new edits will be viewable.