Phone: Dialing Instructions for Faculty and Staff
To reach police for non-emergencies, dial 412-624-4040.
- Dial 5-digit extension (the last five digits of the full telephone number.) For example: 412 624-4357
- Call forwarding (forward calls to another University extension):
To activate, press [*]  from your phone. Enter the five-digit extension to which you want your calls to be forwarded. You will hear a confirmation tone. Hang up the handset. To deactivate, press [#] . You will hear a confirmation tone. Hang up the handset.
Dial 9 + 10-digit local number
Dial 9 + area code and number for Bradford, Greensburg, Johnstown, and Titusville campuses.
Local Area Calls (412, 724, 878)
The Pittsburgh metro area has 3 area codes: 412, 724, and 878. Callers must dial these calls as 10-digit numbers.
- Dial 9 + 412 xxx-xxxx
- Dial 9 + 724 xxx-xxxx
- Dial 9 + 878 xxx-xxxx
- Dial 9 + area code and number
- Dial 9 + 011 + country code, city code, and number
NOTE: A leading zero in a city code is used for call routing within many countries. Eliminate this leading zero to place your international call.
- University Operator: 412-624-4141
- Directory Assistance: 9 + 411
Pennsylvania Relay Service
(TDD to voice for the hearing impaired.)
- Calls from TDD Devices - Dial 9 + 1-800-654-5984
- Calls to TDD Devices - Dial 9 + 1-800-654-5988
- Information on Relay Service (TDD) - Dial 9 + 1 -800-833-3232
(8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday)