Reset Your Password Online if You Forget It
Students, faculty, and staff who forget their University Computing Account password can use the Self-Service Password Reset Service to reset their password online quickly and securely. You must select and answer three online security questions before you can use the Self-Service Password Reset Service. If you forget your password, you will be prompted to answer these security questions in order to verify your identity. If you forget your password and have not set your security questions, you will need to visit a campus computing lab to have your password reset.
Reset Your Password if You Have Forgotten It
1. Click the Forgot password? link on the login page of My Pitt (my.pitt.edu).
2. Enter your University Computing Account username and date of birth. Click Next.
3. Answer your three security questions and click Next.
4. Enter and confirm your new password, then click Submit.
Your password has been successfully reset.
Important: You Must Have Set Your Password Security Questions to Reset Your Password Online
If you have not already set your questions, here is how to do so.
1. Log in to My Pitt (my.pitt.edu) and click Profile at the top right-corner of any page.
2. Click Manage Your Account, then click Password Change.
2. Scroll down to Set Your Security Questions. Select three questions and answers. Click Save.
The Technology Help Desk at 412 624-HELP  is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your technology-related questions. Questions can also be submitted online.