Updated Guest Wireless Access
The guest wireless authentication system is a multi-step process that allows visitors to the University campus to utilize the wireless network with limited privileges as a guest. Gaining guest access to the wireless network requires that a visitor have a sponsor who is a full-time staff or faculty member. The conditions imposed on guest wireless access are required to ensure the security of data and systems hosted on PittNet.
Last updated on May 26, 2017
This project will implement the ClearPass cloud-based guest wireless provisioning system as a replacement for the current guest wireless process. The new workflow will be Web-based, available 24x7, 365 days a year, and will not require intervention from the Technology Help Desk for most requests.
- Formation of the Project Team: Completed on March 6, 2017
- Architecture, Plan and Design Specification: March 27, 2017
- Identification of Resources and Requisition of Capital Items: April 24, 2017
- Testing and Implementation: In Progress
- Post Project Analysis and Report: Not Started