What is Box?
Box is a cloud storage solution that allows you to store up to 25 GB of files and access them from anywhere. You can invite others to collaborate with you or share files and folders through a simple Web link. You can use Box on your smartphone or tablet. And you can sync files from Box to your desktop and vice versa.
Log in today at pitt.box.com. (You can also log in at My Pitt by clicking the Box Login link on the right-hand side of the page.)
How might you use Box? Here are some ideas.
- Leave your flash drive at home: Your files are stored securely in the cloud so that you can access them anywhere at any time.
- Send big files fast: Have a file that's too big to email? Upload it to Box and share it with a link.
- Collaborate on a project: Need to work on a group project for class? With Box, everyone can view and edit files in one location. Add comments right alongside the files. Assign tasks with due dates. Receive real-time updates when someone edits or comments on a document. View previous versions of files. Box is a more efficient way to manage group work because it puts an end to "reply all" email chains and endless file attachments.
- Store it all and stay organized: You don't have to share files on Box. You can just use it as your own personal storage space. And Box makes it easy to find everything you store. Organize files into folders, just like you do on your computer. Search for specific text within your files. Tag your files with keywords so that you can quickly find what you need.
To learn more about using Box, check the links below.
Note: Box uses state-of-the-art technology and industry best practices for data encryption during transit to and from the Box cloud, as well as while stored within Box. However, some types of data should not be stored on Box.
Upload Files and Folders
Share and Collaborate
Organize and Search Your Files
Sync Files Between Box and Your Computer
Adjust Your Preferences
Use Box with Mobile Devices
Frequently Asked Questions
Understand What Data Can Be Stored on Box
Useful Apps Developed by Box
- Box Edit
edit content directly on Box using native applications installed on your computer
- Box for Office (video demo)
edit and share Microsoft Office without leaving your Office programs
- Box for Outlook (video demo)
send files using sharing links and save attachments in Microsoft Outlook
take and upload screenshots directly to Box; upload files directly from your desktop
- Web Documents
create, edit, and share documents in a Web browser
- View all official Box apps