Launch iTunes U
To view audio and video files on iTunes U, you'll need a Web browser, an Internet connection, and the iTunes application. If you do not have iTunes installed, you can download it from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download. The University of Pittsburgh has public and restricted iTunes U content.
Any files you download from iTunes U are for your personal use only and may not be reproduced, re-recorded or shared with others.
View Public Content
Public content can be viewed by anyone and is available in the iTunes U Store.
View Restricted Content
Restricted content (for example, course materials) can be accessed by Pitt students and faculty associated with a specific course. Restricted content is accessed through the iTunes U community at My Pitt (my.pitt.edu).
Learn how to view and download content below.
- Click the iTunes U Login button on the main page.
- A Security Information pop-up window may display. Click Yes to continue.
- A second pop-up window may display asking if you want to close the Internet Explorer window. Click Yes.
- Browse to the Album page you are interested in.
- The Album page will display. The content may be organized by Tabs. Click a tab to view the content contained within it.
- There are two ways to view or listen to content. Double click the name of a track to launch it on your computer. Or click the Get button to download the track.