CourseWeb is the University of Pittsburgh's implementation of Blackboard, a web-based course management system. Instructors at Pitt use CourseWeb/Blackboard to:
- communicate learning objectives and performance expectations
- augment the classroom experience with digital media, including handouts, notes, sample exercises, presentations, podcasts and related readings
- engage students in collaborative and reflective learning activities, including discussion forums, wikis, blogs, and journals
- assess student mastery
- give feedback to students on their performance
- record and deliver grade information
To access CourseWeb, log in to My Pitt and click the CourseWeb Login link on the right side of the page.
Instructors can learn more about CourseWeb at CIDDE's Web site.