The Technology Help Desk is the central point of contact for all Computing Services and Systems Development (CSSD) services. Calls are answered 24x7 and tracked in a call tracking database. Requests to the Help Desk can also be made via an online form, email, or through a Live Chat feature available on technology.pitt.edu and My Pitt (my.pitt.edu).
Requests that come to CSSD via the Technology Help Desk or one of our Technical Support Walk-In locations are tracked via an online ticketing system. Each request receives a unique help ticket number so that it can be tracked during the support process and referenced in the future. CSSD tracks each request to ensure that they are quickly and appropriately routed to the people who can provide assistance as efficiently as possible.
Tracking requests also helps us to identify common questions or issues so that we can find ways to address them and help prevent them from becoming issues for other students, faculty, or staff members.
New! Closed ticket notice to enhance Help Desk Experience
In an effort to improve the Help Desk experience, a new ticket closure procedure will be implemented on September 18, 2016. An email will be sent for each ticket that is closed, indicating the ticket status and providing a link to a short satisfaction survey. The survey also includes a way to provide feedback for any CSSD service.
We're with you, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Use one of the methods below - we're here to answer your technology-related questions:
- Submit a help request online
- Call 412 624-HELP 
- Chat live online with an analyst
- Send an email to email@example.com
- 10-02-04 Computer Data Administration
- 10-02-05 Computer Access and Use
- 10-02-06 UACD Security Privacy
- 10-02-08 Use and Management of SSN and UPI Numbers
- Acceptable Computing Access and Use Statement
- Personal Computing Support Guideline
- Residential Networking Acceptable Use Statement
- Software Compliance Guideline for Students
- Student Code of Conduct