The Help Desk is the central point of contact for all Computing Services and Systems Development (CSSD) services. Calls are answered 24x7 and tracked in a call tracking database. Requests to the Help Desk can also be made via an online form, email, or through a Live Chat feature available on technology.pitt.edu and My Pitt (my.pitt.edu).
If the Help Desk cannot resolve a problem, it is handed off to the appropriate CSSD area for resolution based on routing rules. For students, resolution may take the form of a scheduled appointment at our Technical Support Desk at the University Store on Fifth or an in-room appointment at a University residence hall. Faculty and staff may receive an on-site visit from a CSSD consultant. All escalated requests are reviewed by management once a week to ensure quality service.
The Technology Help Desk is also the single point of contact for all inquiries about CSSD services. The Help Desk will direct your question to the appropriate CSSD area for follow up.
We're with you, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Use one of the methods below - we're here to answer your technology-related questions:
- Submit a help request online
- Call 412 624-HELP 
- Chat live online with an analyst
- Send an email to email@example.com
- 10-02-04 Computer Data Administration
- 10-02-05 Computer Access and Use
- 10-02-06 UACD Security Privacy
- 10-02-08 Use and Management of SSN and UPI Numbers
- Acceptable Computing Access and Use Statement
- Personal Computing Support Guideline
- Residential Networking Acceptable Use Statement
- Software Compliance Guideline for Students
- Student Code of Conduct