My Pitt has been enhanced with several new features that will make it faster and easier to access the University resources and information you use every day.
- Search More Easily: A powerful new search bar at the top of the page returns more relevant results and helps you find what you are looking for faster.
- Browse More Quickly: Text links in the right-hand column have been replaced by task icons that clearly indicate what service you will be accessing.
- Ask Cathy: Preview a new tool that connects you to familiar University services and helps you discover new ones.
If you use the new My Pitt search bar or click the Cathedral image in the left-hand column, you will be taken to Ask Cathy. Ask Cathy is a new way to find and organize University services and information.
University services that are available through Ask Cathy display as rectangular icons called Tasks. Just click a task to access it. Once you log in to a task, you won’t need to log in to access others.
Ask Cathy is still under development, but can take advantage of its benefits today:
- Find it in a flash: Relevant search results populate as you type.
- Take it with you: Enjoy an interface that is optimized for your phone or tablet.
- Personalize your page: Favorite tasks and move them to the top of your page by clicking the heart icon next to any task.
- Discover new services: Click the information icon on a task to view more information about it, including related tasks. You can also click the Browse categories link below the search bar to view groups of related tasks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I find the service I’m looking for in Ask Cathy?
Not all of the services available through My Pitt have been added to Ask Cathy yet. If you can’t find the service you are looking for in Ask Cathy, try accessing it through My Pitt (my.pitt.edu). We also encourage you to click the Send Feedback link in Ask Cathy and submit that service you would like to see added.
Why am I prompted to log in to some services in Ask Cathy but not others?
Ask Cathy displays public services that anyone can view as well as authenticated services that require you to provide your University Computing Account username and password. Once you log in to one authenticated service in Ask Cathy, Pitt Passport (the University’s Single Sign-On service) will allow you to access other services without logging in for up to four hours. If you close your browser session, you will need to provide your username and password again when accessing an authenticated service.
Why can’t I access some of the services I see in Ask Cathy?
Ask Cathy displays all University services, even those you might not have permission to access. A notification message will display if you try to log in to a service that you do not have permission to access.
How can I have my department’s Web site or service added to Ask Cathy?
We welcome new suggestions for services! Click the Send Feedback link in Ask Cathy and send us your suggestion. We’ll evaluate it and follow up with you to gather additional information if we determine that it would be a good fit Ask Cathy.