Consulting for Faculty/Staff
Core Consultants are available to provide onsite support to faculty members who currently do not have IT support. All consulting services are provided through the Help Desk and tracked in the call tracking database. Faculty and staff members who have technical questions or problems should contact the Technology Help Desk at 412-624-HELP .
Consulting services are available to all faculty and staff at their University office location between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. weekdays. Assistance is provided for troubleshooting hardware, operating system, supported software, and network problems. Ongoing problems, special projects, and departmental requests are referred to the onsite consulting program for a needs analysis and solution recommendation.
If onsite support is needed, a Core Consultant will contact the faculty member to schedule an appointment. If departments require dedicated, full-time or part-time support for their staff, CSSD's Departmental Contracts program can provide assistance.
Walk-in support is available to faculty and staff at the Technical Support Desk at the University Store on Fifth. Visit them today! Our consultants can help you:
- Connect to Wireless PittNet
- Cconfigure a smartphone or tablet to receive Pitt email,
- Install Microsoft Office and various other software tools
- Departments can purchase software for professional use on University computers. View details >
- Individual students, faculty or staff members may purchase software for personal use at home or at the University.
- Change passwords.