CourseWeb is the University of Pittsburgh's implementation of Blackboard, a web-based course and learning management system. Instructors at Pitt use CourseWeb/Blackboard to:
- Communicate learning objectives and performance expectations
- Augment the classroom experience with digital media, including handouts, notes, sample exercises, presentations, podcasts and related readings
- Engage students in collaborative and reflective learning activities, including discussion forums, wikis, blogs, and journals
- Assess student mastery
- Give feedback to students on their performance
- Record and deliver grade information
Instructors can learn more about CourseWeb at University Center for Teaching and Learning's website.