My Pitt Email (Microsoft Office 365 Email)
Computing Services and Systems Development provides enterprise email services for use by the University community.
Students, faculty, and staff have access to My Pitt Email, a cloud-based email service provided through Office 365 Email. My Pitt Email provides 100 GB of email storage. But it's more than just email. It also includes an online calendar you can use to create appointments, view free/busy time, and schedule meetings with others. You can use the online address book to look up anyone at Pitt. You can access a full-featured web interface by clicking the My Pitt Email link at the top of any page within My Pitt (my.pitt.edu).
All students, faculty, and staff have the option to personalize their My Pitt Email address by adding an additional email address (known as an alias). Students, faculty, and staff may also choose to have email messages that are sent to their University email address forwarded to another email address.
As of spring 2015, graduating students are able to keep their My Pitt Email mailbox, including all of the contents within it, for as long as they like after graduation. Alumni may send and receive messages from their My Pitt Email address and any aliases they created while they were a student at Pitt.
Spam and Virus Filtering protects University email addresses against harmful viruses and unwanted junk messages. Students, faculty, and staff can also approve or block specific senders and customize how aggressively their email is filtered for bulk mail.
Benefits of Office 365 Email
An improved email experience
- Take advantage of 100 GB of email storage.
- Open and edit attachments without leaving your Web browser.
- Use Find Time to send polls that identify meeting times that work for everyone and automatically schedule meetings based on those results.
- Collaborate more easily by creating Office 365 Groups that combine email, calendars for group meetings, document libraries, OneNote notebooks, and more.
- Use Skype integration to view your colleagues’ availability in real time, send them instant messages, and schedule Web conferences from the Outlook Web App.
- Upload and attach OneDrive for Business files.
- Find important messages more easily with Focused Inbox and Clutter.
Better integration with Office 365 tools
- Build and share a collaborative Web site that incorporate videos, blogs, task lists, timelines, and more with SharePoint Online.
- Store up to 5 TB of files in OneDrive for Business and share them with others.
- Create your own video channel to upload, watch, and share training videos, presentations, marketing materials, or other video content with Office 365 Video.
- Use web-based versions of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to read or edit Office documents from within SharePoint, OneDrive, Box, and other apps.
- Connect with co-workers and see what they are working on with Delve.
- Learn more about the features available through Office 365 on our Web page.