My Pitt Email (Microsoft Office 365 Email)
This page provides information on My Pitt Email, the cloud-based enterprise email service available to all students, faculty, and staff at the University of Pittsburgh. My Pitt Email is accessible by logging into My Pitt.
My Pitt Email utilizes Microsoft's Exchange Online/Office 365 Mail platform which provides email functions as part of the larger Office 365 environment. This enables My Pitt Email to provide:
- Quick access to the University's global address list for easy address lookups for anyone affilated with the University
- Seamless integration with the Exchange calendar function for scheduling meetings and reserving resources
- Seamless integration with the Skype for Business environment which can be used to support conference calls, web conferences, and Skype instant messaging
- Fast and easy voice calling right from an Outlook client for phone extensions running on the Skype for Business telephony platform.
Other benefits of My Pitt Email include:
- Customized Email Address - All students, faculty, and staff have the option to personalize their My Pitt Email address by adding an additional email address (known as an alias).
- Online Storage - 100 gigabytes of email storage
- Spam and Virus Protection - Microsoft online spam/virus protection shields University email addresses against harmful viruses and unwanted junk messages. Students, faculty, and staff can also approve or block specific senders and customize how aggressively their email is filtered for bulk mail.
- Keep Your Address After Graduation - As of spring 2015, graduating students are able to keep their My Pitt Email mailbox, including all of the contents within it, for as long as they like after graduation. Alumni may send and receive messages from their My Pitt Email address and any aliases they created while they were a student at Pitt.
An improved email experience
- Take advantage of 100 GB of email storage.
- Open and edit attachments without leaving your web browser.
- Use Find Time to send polls that identify meeting times that work for everyone and automatically schedule meetings based on those results.
- Collaborate more easily by creating Office 365 Groups that combine email, calendars for group meetings, document libraries, OneNote notebooks, and more.
- Use Skype integration to view your colleagues’ availability in real time, send them instant messages, and schedule web conferences from the Outlook Web App.
- Upload and attach OneDrive for Business files.
- Find important messages more easily with Focused Inbox and Clutter.
Better integration with Office 365 tools
- Build and share a collaborative website that incorporate videos, blogs, task lists, timelines, and more with SharePoint Online.
- Store up to 5 terabytes of files in OneDrive for Business and share them with others.
- Create your own video channel to upload, watch, and share training videos, presentations, marketing materials, or other video content with Office 365 Video.
- Use web-based versions of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to read or edit Office documents from within SharePoint, OneDrive, Box, and other apps.
- Connect with co-workers and see what they are working on with Delve.
- Learn more about the features available through Office 365 on our webpage.