Software Distribution Services works with software companies to negotiate site license agreements and cost savings for University students and employees. In addition, Software Distribution Services ensures that all software made available in the labs and classrooms is licensed appropriately for the intended use.
Site-licensed software is made available electronically through My Pitt (my.pitt.edu) with a valid University Computing Account. Students can download Microsoft Office, Windows, and many more titles via the Software Download Service at My Pitt.. Students, faculty, and staff may also purchase select software titles at the Technical Support Desk at the University Store on Fifth.
All eligible teaching faculty can download more than 75 academic courseware titles via the Software Download Service at My Pitt (my.pitt.edu). To access academic courseware, faculty members need to install a program called KeyAccess (available from the Software Download Service). The KeyAccess client enables a computer to access the licenses that are needed to run these software applications. A computer must be connected to a PittNet Ethernet port on campus, Wireless PittNet, or the Secure Remote Access Service in Network Connect mode in order run KeyAccess. KeyCheckout, a feature of KeyAccess, offers faculty the ability to check out licenses to use certain software programs on their computer locally without the need to be online. KeyCheckout is available for more than 50 popular titles. The software license may be checked out from one day to a maximum time of five weeks. This program is ideal for faculty members who travel or want to work from home without being online.
View all of our available software:
Most student software can be downloaded at no cost via the Software Download Service at My Pitt.
You can purchase software at the following location. A current Pitt ID is required.
University Store on Fifth (CSSD Technical Support Desk)
4000 Fifth Avenue
Winter Recess and Early Spring Term Support Hours:
- Monday, December 21 - Wednesday December 23: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday, December 24 - Sunday, January 3: CLOSED
- Monday, January 4 -Thursday, January 7: 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Friday, January 8: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday, January 9: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday January 10: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Monday, January 11 - Wednesday, January 13: 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Thursday, January 14: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday, January 15: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday, January 16: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday, January 17: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Monday, January 18 (Martin Luther King Day): 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Regular operating hours resume on Tuesday, January 19.
- Monday: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Note: On Tuesday evenings, students seeking tech support must enter through the center doors at the quad, the rest of the bookstore is closed, Wednesday, the entire University Store is open until 8:00 PM.
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Software Distribution Services
315 S. Bellefield Avenue, Room 204
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM